Schluter KERDI BOARD Waterproof Tile Backer Board
Schluter KERDI BOARD Tile Backer Board covers a broad range of application areas for creating level, waterproof substrates for the installation of ceramic and natural stone tiles. With suitable preparation of the joint areas, these structural panels may be used for officially approved bonded waterproofing assemblies.
Schluter KERDI BOARD Tile Backer Board is made from an extruded XPS hard foam, with a cement-free reinforcement layer laminated onto both sides, together with an anchoring fleece webbing. The surface of the board has gridlines consisting of 10 x 10 mm squares printed on one side. The board is waterproof and can withstand all chemical stresses that typically occur in conjunction with tile coverings, and is completely level and remains free of distortions and decay. It will not rot and is highly stable, even with one side exposed to temperature fluctuations and moisture.
Installation: Fully embedded Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD
- The adhesive must bond with the substrate and mechanically set in the anchoring fleece of Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD. Standard dry set adhesives as defined by EN 12004 are suitable for most substrates; otherwise select another suitable adhesive, carefully checking for any incompatibilities of materials.
- The thin-bed adhesive is applied either over the substrate or onto Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD with a notched trowel.
- The anchoring fleece of the Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD panels are fully embedded in the adhesive bed. Observe the curing times of all materials.
- Tightly abut the individual panels and align them appropriately.
- The tiles can be installed immediately after adhering the Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD panels, using a dry setting adhesive that meets the requirements of the covering. Choose a notched trowel to match the tile format. The curing times of the thin bed adhesive must be observed.