rogress Profiles Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane is a 3.5mm thick draining and uncoupling membrane designed to protect tiled surfaces from underlying substrate problems, such as cracking and movement. It can be installed on cement based screed, old ceramic and natural stone floorings, green screeds and wood substrates. It is very resistant to saline solutions, acids and alkalis, alcohol and oils.
Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane is supplied in 30m x 1m rolls. This membrane is also available in a self-adhesive version for even easier installation – the Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Stick Decoupling Membrane.
Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane is constructed from high density polyethylene and features a grid structure of square cavities, each cut back in a dovetail configuration to provide a secure mechanical fixing to the overlying tiles with the tile adhesive. On the back side it is covered with a non-woven thermo-welded polypropylene fabric designed for optimal adhesion to the tile adhesive used to bond the membrane to the underlying substrate.
Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane is designed to neutralize any differential movement that arises between the underlying substrate and the flooring layer on top, preventing cracks and delamination. This makes the membrane well suited for laying tiles on problematic substrates such as timber and cracked screeds.
Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane can also be used as a waterproofing layer in indoor environments that may come in contact with water such as bathrooms, saunas and kitchens. Simply seal the joints and edge perimeters with Proband 150, a waterproofing polyethylene tape covered on both sides with a non-woven polypropylene fabric, adhered with the Proband Koll sealing adhesive.
The interconnected channels of the Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane allow for the flow of the vapor pressure generated by the evaporation of the residual water into the substrate. Therefore it is possible to lay this membrane on substrates not perfectly cured. These channels also allow for a more uniform heat distribution throughout the substrate, when this membrane is used over a substrate with underfloor heating.
1. Cut the Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane to the desired length and with a 7 X 5mm notched trowel apply a suitable tile adhesive according to the substrate below.
2. Apply the membrane on the wet adhesive and press the membrane down into the adhesive using a plastic trowel, to acquire a strong bond.
3. Check the back wetting of the Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane. In case of non-complete wetting, increase the quantity of adhesive.
4. Lay the next membrane run, taking care to align it with the previous one, without overlapping.
5. Apply Proband KOLL / Proband KOLL AB Adhesive along the joint between two adjacent runs of Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane with the flat side of the notched trowel, for a width of about 200mm. Take care to fill the cavities of the membrane and to leave a thin layer of adhesive on top of the reliefs.
6. Place Proband 150 Sealing Tape on the Proband KOLL, following the joint. Apply strong pressure and smooth the sealing tape to ensure the adhesion, preventing creases.
7. Apply Proband KOLL / Proband KOLL AB on the membrane/vertical wall edges using the flat side of the notched trowel, for a width of about 100mm. Take care to fill the cavities of the membrane and to leave a thin layer of adhesive on top of the reliefs. Apply the adhesive on the wall surface for a height of about 100mm.
8. Place Proband 150 Sealing Tape on the Proband KOLL Adhesive, following the joint. Apply strong pressure and smooth the sealing tape to ensure the adhesion, preventing creases.
After the Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane has been installed, the flooring can be laid immediately on top using a suitable tile adhesive.
Appearance: Polymeric membrane
Colour: White / Cyan blue
Shelf life: 24 Months in dry environment avoiding direct sunlight and heat sources
Total thickness: 3.5mm
Weight of PP sheet: 70g/m²
Weight of LDPE sheet: 500g/m²
Number of square cavities: 2500m²
Find more information on their website here.