Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Stick Decoupling Membrane is a self adhesive version of the Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Decoupling Membrane, designed for faster and easier installation. This membrane is a 4mm thick draining and uncoupling membrane designed to protect tiled surfaces from underlying substrate problems, such as cracking and movement. It can be installed on smooth cement based screeds, old ceramic and natural stone floorings, green screeds and wood substrates. It is very resistant to saline solutions, acids and alkalis, alcohol and oils.
Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Stick Decoupling Membrane is supplied in 30m x 1m rolls.
Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Stick Decoupling Membrane is constructed from high density polyethylene and features a grid structure of square cavities, each cut back in a dovetail configuration to provide a secure mechanical fixing to the overlying tiles with the tile adhesive. On the back side it is covered with a non-woven thermo-welded polypropylene fabric which incorporates a layer of pressure-sensitive adhesive which bonds securely to the underlying substrate once pressure is applied.
Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Stick Decoupling Membrane is designed to neutralize any differential movement that arises between the underlying substrate and the flooring layer on top, preventing cracks and delamination. This makes the membrane well suited for laying tiles on problematic substrates such as timber and cracked screeds.
Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Stick Decoupling Membrane can also be used as a waterproofing layer in indoor environments that may come in contact with water such as bathrooms, saunas and kitchens. Simply seal the joints and edge perimeters with Proband 150, a waterproofing polyethylene tape covered on both sides with a non-woven polypropylene fabric, adhered with the Proband Koll sealing adhesive.
The interconnected channels of the Progress Profiles Prodeso Eco Stick Decoupling Membrane allow for the flow of the vapor pressure generated by the evaporation of the residual water into the substrate. Therefore it is possible to lay this membrane on substrates that absorb moisture, such as timber based substrates. These channels also allow for a more uniform heat distribution throughout the substrate, when this membrane is used over a substrate with underfloor heating.
1. The substrate must be ready to bear weight and be solid, level and free from all substances like oil and grease that could compromise the adhesion of the self adhesive film. Accurately clean the installing surface from dust and dirt residues before applying the membrane.
2. Cut the Prodeso Eco Stick Decoupling Membrane to the desired length.
3. Align the cut membrane section on the substrate and remove the silicone backing film.
4. Using a plastic trowel or weighted roller, press the membrane into the substrate to activate the pressure sensitive adhesive and acquire a strong bond to the underlying substrate.
5. Lay the next membrane run, taking care to align it with the previous one, without overlapping.
If waterproofing is required, perform the following steps:
6. Apply Proband KOLL / Proband KOLL AB Adhesive along the joint between two adjacent runs of Prodeso Eco Stick Decoupling Membrane with the flat side of the notched trowel, for a width of about 200mm. Take care to fill the cavities of the membrane and to leave a thin layer of adhesive on top of the reliefs.
7. Place Proband 150 Sealing Tape on the Proband KOLL, following the joint. Apply strong pressure and smooth the sealing tape to ensure the adhesion, preventing creases.
8. Apply Proband KOLL / Proband KOLL AB on the membrane/vertical wall edges using the flat side of the notched trowel, for a width of about 100mm. Take care to fill the cavities of the membrane and to leave a thin layer of adhesive on top of the reliefs. Apply the adhesive on the wall surface for a height of about 100mm.
9. Place Proband 150 Sealing Tape on the Proband KOLL Adhesive, following the joint. Apply strong pressure and smooth the sealing tape to ensure the adhesion, preventing creases.
After the Prodeso Eco Stick Decoupling Membrane has been installed, the flooring can be laid immediately on top using a suitable tile adhesive.
Appearance: Polymeric membrane
Colour: White / Cyan blue
Shelf life: 6 Months in dry environment avoiding direct sunlight and heat sources
Total thickness: 3.5mm
Weight of adhesive: 200g/m²
Weight of HDPE sheet: 500g/m²
Weight of silicone film: 40g/m²
Number of square cavities: 2500m²
Find more information on their website here.